Monday, October 10, 2005

Abortion in Peru

Well, first of all this is not my favorite subject of conversation , but some times you get involved on it and there's no way to run away from.
As many of you may know, I live in Montreal but I am from Peru, a country where catolicism is mostly practiced and abortion is forbidden by governement and it's not well accepted by the society there.
I had a "friend" there, called Antonio, that's how I'm gonna call him, he got pregnant... or should I say: Her girlfriend got pregnant.
Anyway, my friend Antonio, even if he had a professional degree, he tried to do his best to survive in a country were there is lack of jobs. He was unemployed for months, and her girlfriend was unemployed for about a year. Both of them planned to study, cause due to the unemployment situations, employers become more and more picky regarding the educational background.
Well, they had good intentions ("The buenas intenciones esta lleno el infierno") . Now she is /was pregnant, she doesn't/didn't want the baby, my friend wanted to have it but neither he nor her girlfriend had a peny to "keep him alive".
He offered her to support the baby, but she was really scary about her economical situation, she didnt want to be a single-mother, she didn't want the baby unless they get married. Antonio loved his freedom, he wanted to be responsible for it, but he didn't want to marry her. ... And ! Abortion in Peru is not legal.. which it means, there are lots of places that can offer that "ilegal" service, none of them are secure!.
She took 2 pills, the supplier said she would abort.... it failed! .. They insisted, they got a breverage which she drunk it up, and ... we dont know yet if this is gonna work... but If it doesn't
Antonio will take her to any clandestine chirurgical center so that they extract directly the baby from her. .. They will do it, I know they will..and more now than before.. they say the baby can already be damaged for those thinks she drunk ...The decision is taken!
I always analyzed the pros and cons of that decision if I was directly involved, I was always against abortion, but besides that, I wouldn't want to bring a child whithout the moral support of a father, or a child whose father is a jerk or a "pendejo" (excuse my language). No, I'm not Antonio's girlfriend, but I must say I would have used nextdaypills because if this had happened..but abortion..?I tried to persuade him to look into other alternatives but without success.
I made some research into internet and I was touched by the picture I posted on this blog, which I found on: http://www.mttu.com/abort-pics/
This is really more than a coincident!!... on that site I found this picture, the picture of this blog. I saw that picture and I said to me: This is it! and when I checked the picture I was surprised to know that the baby had between 6 and 7 weeks, EXACTLY the same time that Antonio's baby has! (or should I say had! ) ?

Please, feel free to post you opinions and comments!! I know this is a controversial subject...
Sorry if I don't write in spanish (for my peruvian folks) .. I'm trying to get to most of people!

Thank you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home